Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime for many fans, perhaps right after watching matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors from the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that: rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating in the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take everything with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- There’s a growing rumor, pieced together from multiple outlets like Fightful and the Observer, that CM Punk may soon be fired from AEW.
- Punk is also said to have suffered an injury, possibly a torn pec, either during the match with Jon Moxley at All out or during the backstage fight after the infamous media scrum.
- David Meltzer says the current belief is that no one involved in the fight will be at dynamite this week, with other stars who weren’t originally booked – Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley among them – showing up to replace them.
- wrestling news claims that “several AEW staff members who were in the room for the CM Punk/Elite altercation have been suspended.”
- They also say Chris Jericho tried to calm everyone down after the initial altercation. Additionally, Kenny Omega and CM Punk “engaged in talks” later that evening, but it “doesn’t appear to have been fruitful.”
- Despite his return to Monday night rawBraun Strowman will be a babyface on the Smack down list in the future, per PW Insider.
- There is a belief, according to Insider, that Malakai Black, who hinted that he might leave at All out, could sit out professional wrestling, as he “deals with personal issues”. He was removed from the AEW roster page.
If you’ve heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember that these are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check out our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be true.