FBI seizure of Mike Lindell’s phone tied to last year’s Cyber ​​Symposium in Sioux Falls


SIOUX FALLS, SD (Dakota News Now) – In August 2021, Mike Lindell’s cybersymposium at the Military Alliance thrust Sioux Falls into the spotlight as politicians and IT professionals scrutinized Lindell’s claim that which voting machines had been hacked in previous elections.

Although the data presented was deemed unsubstantiated by most participants, the interactions with those who participated continue to be questioned. Last Tuesday, the FBI confiscated Lindell’s phone. He claims their questions go back to the Cyber ​​Symposium and Sioux Falls.

“So who are you and what do you want? And the only guy says FBI,” Lindell says of the encounter in Mankato, Minnesota. Lindell says he was at the drive-thru of a Hardee when several FBI vehicles circled him in the lane. He and a friend were returning from a morning duck hunt in southern Minnesota.

Lindell says the FBI was asking questions about Tina Peters, who faces charges for her conduct while employed to oversee the Colorado election, including attempting to influence a public official, impersonating a criminal identity and official misconduct.

Lindell recounts the conversation with an FBI agent.

‘When was the first time I met Tina Peters?’ And I said, “It was that Cyber ​​Symposium in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, last August,” Lindell said. “We brought in people from all over the country. I had no idea who Tina Peters was.

Lindell is defending its actions.

“She didn’t do anything wrong. She was doing her job,” Lindell said.

We also asked about his claim that he was assaulted in the lobby of a Sioux Falls hotel during the cyber symposium.

“I was physically assaulted and threatened beyond anything I know. You know, it took three days or actually almost a week for the pain to heal or where I had no pain there. And I filed it with the Sioux Falls police. They never followed me,” Lindell said.

Minnehaha County State’s Attorney Daniel Haggar said Sioux Falls police and Lindell had conversations and added that “no formal charging decision has been made,” Haggar said.

As the courts settle Peters’ fate, Lindell also plans to press charges for the confiscation of his cellphone, which he says is vital to running his four businesses and fitting his hearing aids.

“I just got off with all my attorneys, and we’re going to sue the United States government and the FBI. And so we tell the world that it’s over for them. We go after them. It was a violation of First Amendment rights, Fourth Amendment rights, and Fifth Amendment rights,” Lindell said.

We also contacted the FBI for a statement and if they had received a notice of litigation from Lindell or its attorneys and had not received a response.


Comments are closed.