President of the New Jersey African American Chamber of Commerce John Harmon will be a keynote speaker at NJ Cannabis Insider’s March 16 conference in Carteret.
Harmon plans to address economic equity and opportunity as New Jersey’s legal weed market opens up.
For populations disproportionately affected by the war on drugs, the cannabis market has the ability to help all of New Jersey, Harmon told NJ Cannabis Insider.
“If we’re part of it, it improves all of our economic circumstances and makes New Jersey more competitive and viable as a state,” he said.
As the state’s Cannabis Regulatory Commission continues to review recent applications to sell legal weed to adult consumers, it will begin accepting applications from dispensary owners, the retail stores that will sell the herbal products. cannabis, March 15.
Keep an eye out for local cannabis operators large and small as they prepare for the opening of the doors. Meanwhile, it’s at events like NJ Cannabis Insider Live! where industry leaders share their knowledge and business cards. The one-day event takes place at the Carteret Performing Arts Center. Tickets can be bought here. Capacity is limited.
The event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., features several panels covering a range of topics designed to help companies succeed in the space, including:
- Navigate licenses and regulations
- How to work with municipalities
- Secure the property and build the right facility
- Why security and insurance are essential
Among the speakers confirmed to date:
- tahir johnsondirector of social equity and inclusion at the US Cannabis Council
- Nichelle Santosfounder and CEO of CannaCoverage
- Tony Gallomanaging partner of Sapphire Risk Advisory Group, which was recently named one of the 100 most influential people in the country in the field of cannabis by High Times.
- Ed DeVeauxpresident of the New Jersey CannaBusiness Assn.
- Art HanceCEO of Hance Construction
- Stacey Udelldirector of business valuation and forensic accounting at HBK
- Cecilia Oyedirancannabis lawyer at Foley Hoag
- Stu Zakimpresident of Bridge Strategic Communications, which recently won a Clio Trophy for his work on Happy Munkey’s Original Immersive Van Gogh event last year.
- Todd Polyniakhead of the Cannabis practice of the accounting, tax and consulting firm SAX
- Marissa Mastroiannalabor lawyer at Cole Schotz
- Dan Jensenaccount manager at Securitas Electronic Security
- Jay KeithCompliance Officer at 5S Security LLC
- Rob MejiaAdjunct Professor of Cannabis Studies at Stockton University
- Jennifer MadenAssociate Dean and Director of Graduate Studies, Rohrer College of Business, Rowan University
Other speakers will be announced in the coming days.
NJ Cannabis Insider is a weekly subscription-based online business magazine and event group produced by NJ Advance Media, which also publishes NJ.com, The Star-Ledger and other affiliated newspapers. For more information, Contact us.